Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A MERRY CHRISTMAS GIFT

This tote bag is just basic with no inner pockets, and  one large outer one.   My friend hinted she would like a bag with no pockets, something very plain, no closures, so this is what I came up with.  She had previously seen the fabric and loved it.  I could not, not add the front pocket nor add the grommet !!  I also quilted the bag and added a bottom insert, so the bag wouldn't sag.  I wouldn't mind having a whole bolt of this fabric...it's absolutely beautiful!!

The fabric is by Katarina Rocella and can be viewed at her blog site HERE!  She is one amazing young woman! I ordered the fabric from Fabric Spark, a Canadian fabric store!

 Now looking at the bag, I see the grey fabric should have been lined up to match!  Too late!  I don't think my friend would be too concerned!!  I'll try to remember next time!  It's so soft, smooth, and.... squishy!   This is one of my favorites!






2 comments:

  1. Lovely bag, Linda, and your friend should love it. By not lining up the grey fabric it looks like you were "thinking outside the box" and using your creative genius. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the reasoning behind that Kate! That must have been why! : ))

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!