Thursday, April 30, 2015

ASYMMETRICAL COLOR BLOCK TOTE - Free Tutorial




These beautiful bags are made by Marni at Haberdashery Fun!  I love the asymmetrical color blocking!  Each bag has 4 colors. 

The free tutorial can be found  HERE at Sew Mama Sew.



So here is my version of the bag. I love the way Marni made hers, but I wanted to make a few changes. The slanted flap is my favorite.  I wasn't sure whether it would work, but it did. I'm really glad I added this.   The straps are long and light, and I love the asymmetrical color blocks on them, and the bag.

 I used Hobb's batting for the interfacing.  I wanted to do a little quilting (straight lines) on the bag as well.  The colors are really bold, especially the yellow.  This cotton bag is really light, and feels much like parachute material made squishy.

I added a large inside zipper pocket just because I like closed pockets in my bags.

  The big silver button adds the finishing touch!

I plan on making a few more bags, Marni's version!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!