Thursday, June 25, 2015

My First Canadiana Baby Quilt

I just completed a baby quilt, which is my first  ever.  It was really difficult to decide on the fabrics, as well as the pattern.

 I'm not sure of the baby's gender at this point, so I just went ahead with what fabrics you see here. They are not very babyish, other than the little yellow birds.  My daughter and I had a good laugh, as she thought they were bunnies. Time for glasses Honey! : )

The pattern is called the Americana Baby Quilt. I really love Americans, but I'm going to call it the Canadiana Baby Quilt, just cuz!  I know you'll understand!  It's on Craftsy, and you can find it HERE!  It is fairly easy to make, and there are many great binding tutorials out there.  I found some excellent ones on You Tube, and one on Craftsy.

This quilt transpired through news last week that I'm going to be a great grandmother in the near future!  It seems a bit different than a grandmother. This time round, it's all new. There's a quietness, a peace I feel in anticipation of a new baby.

 I remember the days when my granddaughter was little, with me pushing her around the back yard in her little yellow pedal car, playing hide and seek, racing down the hallway with her in the laundry basket, or singing and dancing together in the living-room!  It's just not something I feel inspired or look forward to doing again!  I think I will just pass over the scepter to my daughter, and accept my new position!

Those years with my granddaughter, however, were the most wonderful years of my life which I will cherish FOREVER!  Can you believe it, I'm crying...Oh boy!


 Have a awesome day ladies!

Blessings,
Linda



5 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, I love the colours and design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your first quilt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colours and design Linda! I know your Great Grand Baby will cherish it as GG made it! Love your posts and all you put into them! Keep them coming! 😄

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!