Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Beginnings of a Quilt


Just the beginnings of another quilt.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do!

I thought I could make some blocks and cut out the pictures in the panel and incorporate them all into a quilt?

There are some excellent tutorials on You Tube for making blocks.  I've never attempted one until the other day.  Infact I never ever, ever thought I would enter the land of quilting!  Beware ladies, quilting has a powerful drawing force!  : )





I'm not too fond of the little vehicle on the panel for some reason, but maybe I could cut the vehicle and clouds out, and move the sun over.  The phone, typewriter, and radio could be used for mug rugs?  Do you have any suggestions/ideas?

I found the block pattern on You Tube  HERE!  This is Wishes Quilt along Block One: Flying Kite - Fat Quarter Shop.  I believe there's 12 different block tutorials!  This is an excellent tutorial with print-out instructions as well as the video.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!