Sunday, September 4, 2016

Charlotte City Tote Bag




This is another Charlotte City Tote I just completed.  I somehow ended up with a smaller bag, but I really like the size!

The interior of this bag is large, and it hosts a large inner open pocket, which I divided in half, as well as a zipper pocket.

I also made a tassel following a video on You Tube.  I did not have the hook to add to it, so improvised using a D ring.  It worked well.  I made a string out of the vinyl to tie it to the bag.

 A rivet was added to the top of the tassel for added security.  I used glue to roll the tassel.  I would have made the hanging tassels a bit thinner, but the vinyl was soft, so I did not want to weaken them.  They look just fine anyway!

The Charlotte City Tote is from the collection of Swoon Patterns.  You can find it HERE!   These are great patterns, and all reasonably priced.  If you are a member of  SWOON PATTERN GROUP on Facebook, you get  a discount, making the pattern a steal of a deal!

The tassel tutorial can be found on You Tube right HERE!  It is by Pile O Fabric, part of the Blanche Barrel Bag Tutorial.  The tutorial is clear and so easy to follow!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!