Friday, August 11, 2017

The Cross-Body Bag


I've just started a course on Craftsy called the CROSS- BODY BAG: Sewing With Waxed Canvas.  This is  an excellent course, taught by Mariah McPherson.

  I purchased  grey suede, as I couldn't find waxed canvas, or even plain canvas at our local fabric shop, so we will see how that goes!

This waxed look is really appealing, so I will be  purchasing the waxed canvas on-line, or a bar  to wax the fabric myself.  You can make the bag first then wax it, but I think I would prefer to do it while the fabric is on a flat surface.

Mariah is a excellent instructor, and takes you through each step, giving you all the information you need to know, plus!!  She's easy to follow and thorough.

The bag is so darn cute!  It is not a difficult pattern at all, and would be easy to whip up several of these in a short period of time, even for the novice!!  The inside pocket is divided in a unique but simple way.

My bag pieces are all cut and the batting added  to each piece, and now I will interface the pieces as well.    As usual, I'm missing a key element, the zipper pull in silver.  I have antique brass and gold only.  Wouldn't you know it!  Zipper pulls are ordered, but they won't arrive until next week!

You can find the course here at CRAFTSY

4 comments:

  1. When I initially commented I seem to have clicked on the
    -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now whenever
    a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment.
    Is there a means you are able to remove me from that service?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I found that was happening as well since I get copies! I apologize! I will see what I can do about getting it fixed. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda...I can't find the original post that you put up with the flowers now...but it seems that it is hard to get into your blog to comment. I have to comment under anonymous as I can't seem to get in with my Google account. In order to get into this page I had to click on the tiny link at the bottom where it says, "you are subscribed to"....I think from the phone it's even harder. Don't know if that helps at all?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will see if this works for my answer to your post. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!